Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The MRI is the devil


The MRI aka the Magnetic Resonance Imaging machine is "a medical imaging technique most commonly used in radiology to visualize the structure and function of the body. It provides detailed images of the body in any plane.

Given that my throwing up was a little off the chain, my doctor wanted to confirm that this cancer wasn't making moves in the body...specifically to the brain. Hence the MRI order was given. Little did I know that I would have to get my head, neck, upper back and lower back imaged at the same time...making it a 2 hour MRI. For those that have never gotten an MRI before let me give a visual. You lie down on a small table and put a helmet type thing over your head then they slide you into this covered machine and you must lay perfectly still as you hear tapping and popping as the machine takes the magnetic images. Lets say 30 minutes of that is bearable...but 2 hours?? I think I have vocalized my experience to everyone already but let me just say it is not something I want to do ever again for that long. Hence MRI is the devil and you can add it to the devil list (those who know me know the list)

3 comments:

Khalilah said...

Check...MRI is on the devil list, along with all the others, which I will not even go into :) The popping and tapping is off the chain and the helmet. Ugh. But you made it through... THE DEVILS WON'T WIN!

One luv
Khalilah

Unknown said...

Yeah I hear that. When I got mine, I just ended up falling asleep. I'm really looking forward to "The Devils" list post. I have a few suggestions. They might already be on your lists but here are a few of mine. AT&T wireless, ExxonMobile & FoxNews...

Tammie said...

Ok I'm staring from the beginin so I can get the whole story. I wish I had known. :( Girl, who are now my new shero.