Friday, February 13, 2009

GI Jane is Back


One of the effects of radiation is hair loss...but unlike chemo that makes you loose all your hair..everywhere...radiation makes it fall out in patches based on where you had the treatment. Given that I just had treatment to the brain, the patchy hair is all on my head! So it was time to have another interaction with the razors and go bald again. At least this time there is still peach fuzz left...the dome isn't as shiny as it was the first time. So lets see what hair texture I end up with in a few months...I say back to "kinks"! Oh by the way, with the bald head I have to photograph with the glasses...make me look more presentable!

3 comments:

Myrnat said...

Hey, I saw the cute soft baby hair you had before...you never know you may get that back. If not, you can just return to being all natural...HEHE!

P.s. the cheeks are looking kind of plump...Nice and healthy, I like to see that.

Anonymous said...

This is an excerpt from an old email message I came across earlier. Thought it might do some good if I share with you.

** Personal storms and bad weather happen in everyone's life. It is not during the calm waters that a sailor learns how to master the sea. It is during the storm that he learns his skills. And so it is with your faith. It will be tested and you can only learn how to use it during the difficult times not when life is smooth and comfortable ***

Profound stuff huh? Keep ya head up girlfriend!!! Luv ya

Vex said...

who knows, u may end up with coolie hair :)