Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hurry up and wait

Its been a week since my last radiation treatment and the reduction of steroids has begun! So I am slowly waiting for the "moon face" to go down and for the body to stabilize back to pre-steroids form. Even though it will be interesting to go back to the pre-steroids body, because I wasn't in that for so long either.

The body has been going through it seems like a constant change....very sick, to chemo, to some recovery, to radiation, to now hopefully more recovery. So right now I am down to "maintenance" that I have scheduled every 3 weeks. My next set of scans aren't until March 12. So I have alot of time to wait around to see if I am getting better or not. And the wait itself is horrible! Because any little feeling that doesn't seem right makes me think that things may be going down hill again...was that a pain in the stomach? oh no its spread...wait was that a headache? oh no its still in the brain...wait, did my eyesight just get blurry?

But you know that is a part of recovery I assume. That's when you have to have the faith that everything will get better!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the Lord has you on hold... hold on!
If the Lord has said 'NO' to you... thank Him!
If the Lords is molding your heart and mind... go with His change!
If the Lord opens doors that you have been asking Him to open... Praise Him!
Be blessed wherever you are in your life today! God has His hands on the situation!

Darlene said...

All I can say to people is that we're waiting on the next set of scans for next steps. I'm asked about you daily and it's sending me crazy that we're waiting, waiting, waiting...I don't know what to say. Gail, you are so brave. I know you freak out because that's normal (and I know you're hiding from me), but know that you are extremely strong and God is carrying you every step of the way. I am not living with cancer and can't be as graceful as you have been in your posts in response to people's questions. I hope they forgive me for the dirty looks. Tell Auntie I said hi.

P.S. Now everyone knows that you're hiding. Time to come out. We need you.

Vex said...

faith that can move mountains