Thursday, November 13, 2008

Flash Flash Flash


Chemo therapy drugs are very effective against fighting cancer, but they sure do come along with some side effects. Apparently I have been pushed into early menopause because of chemo and I am enjoying all the wonders that comes along with it. The one that I am so fed up with right now is hot flashes. Yes I said hot flashes. How can I put this eloquently....they suck. They suck big time. One moment you will be just fine enjoying a regular body temperature, then all of a sudden there is a wave of heat that takes over your body. It feels like an internal heater is turned on and just starts blowing the hot air all through your body, especially in the head and neck area. And you would think that having no hair would help the body to cool off quicker...not really. So I reach for any piece of paper or an envelope and begin to fan until I get back to normal. I've been told that because I'm young there is a great chance that the menopause will go away once I'm off of the chemo. Until then maybe I should probably invest in a real fan!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

On the birght side it will be real cold soon you can just go outside and you will feel better

Vex said...

I agree with you on that big daddy, those flashes may not be too bad during the fun winters of OH-IO. But I can't stop laughting because I can see the world come to a halt when the flash comes while u search for whatever victim, I mean piece of paper you can find :)

Anonymous said...

I sympathize with u girl..sounds rough but you said it should go away after chemo so there is a method to this madness. Until then my suggest is to keep an ice pack handy...

zetagirl said...

OH MY Gosh!! Girl, I feel you on that. Those flashes are no joke and I still have them lol. We need to bring you one of those portable fans...and maybe tie it to your shirt. What do you think? Not hot, huh? I'll go back to the drawing board but hang in there!