Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My achy breaky back


Liquid morphine, Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch. These are just some of the pain relievers that I am currently or have taken to try and rid me of my back pain. Before I was diagnosed, I started getting severe back pain. The doctors in urgent care and the ER in Delaware both wrote it off as back sprain do to too much activity at the gym. But as I learned later, it was the cancer that had spread to my bones and weakened them which caused me to fracture my lower lumbar...hence the pain. Well let me tell you all that back pain SUCKS! I had radiation for 14 days on the lower lumbar to help heal the fracture and kill the cancer in that area. That was a definite help. And in time I have come a LONG way. I have come from having to use a wheel chair, to walking very small distances and now I can take the stairs! I couldn't even roll over in the bed in the beginning. So God is definitely blessing me with healing. The pain patch that I'm on is a big help for the pain, but man when it starts to wear off watch out. The pain can feel like a achy feeling radiating from the top to the bottom of your back...and makes you just want to lie down on the bed (on your back) all day for relief. But after the meds kick in all is well with the world again. Praise God for that! The pictures show my back in July and then again in November.

4 comments:

Khalilah said...

Too much activity at the gym...ha...never that. That back pain sounds like no joke...but alas there are drugs.
Taking the stairs! that is fabulous! Soon back to squats, lunges, kickboxing etc. :)

one love,
Khalilah

Marsha said...

Girl I had this long exciting comment for you to read and I did not know that I needed a username to be able to submit this comment. Let me see if I can remembwer what I wrote. Girl, I just figured out that I could just click on the link you send me and be transported into another world. Your world. I totally enjoyed reading your postings. There is one thing that you have not lost and that is your sense of humor. You are an amazing woman. I was so excited to read about the awsome news. You my dear will be dropping it like it is hot!!! in no time. Can't wait!!. Anyway I am going to go now as I am still at the airport doing airport standby. Have a wonderful night and I Love You Stay STRONG my lover in another in another life!

Anonymous said...

I pray for your continued healing girlfriend.

zetagirl said...

Hey my darling, 'member me? I'm so sad I didn't get to come down to see you with Vex the last time but it was great hearing your voice. I won't miss out again lol. Also glad to hear that yourt back is doing so much better. Stay tough (cause that's just how you're built lol!) You are conyinuously in my prayers...now if this comment segment would just stop vexing me...lol