Monday, October 27, 2008

Abundance

Twice a month I attend an advanced cancer support group. During the last session we did a little exercise where we had to blindly pull a word from a bag and then say what that word meant to us. The word I got was abundance. I don't think I could have gotten a better word. When I think of abundance, I think of the abundance of blessings that God has showered upon me. I have been blessed with friends and family that have shown so much support...more than I expected. And I believe that me getting diagnosed and having to battle this disease is also a blessing. I may not fully understand it yet, but if the purpose is to bring me closer to God then its the biggest blessing I could get.

6 comments:

dapperd said...

Big ups on doing the support group!

John Calvin said...

Gail,

Your latest blog is truly wonderful. I am happy to see that you have grasp and come to find comfort in the goodness and grace of our Sovereign King Christ Jesus. He is greater then cancer, and can sure heal your ailing body if He chooses to, but if He is using this cancer as a means to draw you into closer communion with Himself, then you have been given a most glorious gift for nothing compares to knowing God better, and sharing in His sufferings resting in His everlasting arms amidst the storms of life. My prayer is that you may continue to extol and praise the Most High God in these most trying times, and may all who see you in this trying time, come to see that the strenght you have is not yours, but Christ, and may you show the world that these light and momentary afflictions are not to be compared to the glory that is to be revealed at the return of Christ. We love you Gail and will continue to take you daily before the throne of God, and may He grant you daily gifts of grace, a peace that passes all understanding, and a glimpse of Hid glory as it is revealed in Christ. May the Lord be with you my beloved sister and friend

Vex said...

Abundance indeed! He promises to fill us until our cup runneth over and that's what he is doing to you, in his own way. Now I expect you to use the word abundance at least once a day in a sentence :-) Seriously, abundance is the pefect word, not only have you been blessed abundantly, you are an abundance of knowledge and strength, yes strength.

Myrnat said...

You're truly loved & blessed!

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you for getting involved in the support group Gail. I'm sure that being around people that actually can relate to what you are going through is a big help. Go girl!!!

yaadgyrl in philly said...

Girl, you continue to AMAZE me. Abundance is DEFINITELY your word...An abundance of determination, strength, positivity, inspiration...and soon enough, the re-intridouction of that abundant batty =)