Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Food done easy


Before I was diagnosed one of the things I enjoyed was cooking. I enjoyed coming up with new recipes and having others try them out. I also enjoyed the looks and "oohs" and "ahhs" of my co-workers as they try and dissect what I brought for lunch that day. Now that I am in recovery I am grateful that I can even turn around in the kitchen and put a meal together. But honestly, its like one of the least things that I enjoy doing now. When I get up I am thinking man, what will I do for breakfast. Once that ordeal is over, I have to figure out what I will eat for the rest of the day. Sometimes I am saved by my brother when they cook something that is not red meat or pork based. Then I just mooch off of them. Other days I am left with trying to find some type of sustenance here in the apartment no matter how much I am tempted (and sometimes try) to just lie down and sleep and "rest" all day. That is why I must sing the praises of quick to prepare food. Thanks to visitors I had last month, I have a bag of already cooked chicken and salmon along with Lipton sides (pasta and rice) that i have learned are very quick to prepare. I have also discovered the veggies that steam in the bag in the microwave. So in about 15min you can have a well rounded meal with minimal effort. And now a days I am all about minimal effort. So thanks to all those food companies that continue to create food to indulge in the laziness of us all. Its working for me right now!

3 comments:

Juelis said...

So does this mean you're coming out with a "Done in 15 Mins" Cook book? Just an Idea.

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!! Whomever came up with the idea of pre-cooked food and the heat and serve method are geniuses in my book, LOL!!!

Myrnat said...

Not long ago, I remember someone complaining about "artificial food". Don't get hooked cause when I come to visit I want "BIG FOOD" Caribbean style, I don't eat no ready whip potatoes... Glad to see you're eating well. Love Ya!