Friday, December 5, 2008

Today might be the last

No I am not committing suicide tonight and not trying to be cryptic with the title of this blog. Today might have been the last chemo therapy session that I get for a while. On Wed. December 10th I get my second set of scans/tests. Based on those results, I may be able to take a break off of chemo for a while. I think a break will be just what I need physically and mentally...at least that is what I have been told. Of course I agree, but of course sometimes doubt does enter in with thoughts like 'what if you get worse while you are off chemo?'. But I can't dwell on those thoughts because first I would drive myself crazy and more importantly there is no way that God would have brought me this far and just leave me in the dust. Also I have been trying to think on how good I will feel once the chemo is out of my system. I really don't remember how it is to be off of chemo, but I know I will feel alot better in time. So the gym will see me again soon enough! I'm coming back spinning class...look out!

9 comments:

Hyma said...

Spinning class is waiting and so is your workout buddy. The gym is definitely not the same without you.

yaadgyrl in philly said...

Dec 10th will be a special day!!!

dapperd said...

Time for me to find that patented cancer diet.

Sweet D said...

That's wonderful! I hope you feel loads better and that your condiiton does not worsen in any way!! God will continue to keep you!

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for your continued healing and I anticipate more good news for you after your test results come back. Don't work out to hard when you return to the gym now...some of us are still trying to catch up to you, LOL!!!

molly said...

please post results asap! i know it's going to show that you're responding to treatment and get to take a break for a bit :) so you can eat the chocolate i've sent you :)

Diana said...

Glad to hear that you might be done with Chemo. Remember that God is in control so stay focused and faithful but give HIM the keys and he will take care of you. By the way - Spinning SUCKS! I went about a month ago with Hyma and my butt still hurt :-(!!!

Darlene said...

fingers and toes crossed for good results since everyone else seems to have the praying on lock :) joking...only God could heal you and bring you this far. i continue to thank Him for what He has done and in advance for everything He will continue to do for you.

Anonymous said...

i should be embarrassed. I cant even last 20 minutes in spinning class and i am "healthy." Sweetie if you can do it, i have no excuse, I need to get my deriere out and work out.