Saturday, December 20, 2008

Final results- Chemo Break

Okay. So everyone should know by now that last week I had tests to see how the treatment was battling the cancer. So on the 19th I had my meeting with the doctor to get the full results. So it seems that there are only a few small spots of cancer left in my liver. They didn't give a number this time but the doctor reiterated that there are only a few left. My bones have stayed "stable" so that means that they haven't gotten any better or worse...just status quo. So the doctor's suggestion is for me to take a break from chemo. So that is the plan. As of right now I am on a chemo therapy break. Of course depending on the results of future scans is how long my break will be. So lets see how long it will take for this chemo to get out of my system so I can start feeling "normal" again. I pray that it happens sooner than later!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great news Gail. A break from Chemo and a well deserved trip to VI. Enjoy your Christmas. We'll pray that the time goes slow and you savor every moment of the trip. Miss ya. Amy, Hersh, Ayanna and Nikhil

Unknown said...

Gail you are a ray of sunshine. This news has really lifted my spirits. It is really a love hate relationship with Chemo. Enjoy be homing in the warm Virgin weather and do enjoy every minute and every second of the break from Chemo. Love Passion

Sweet D said...

Gail that is wonerful news!! Truly a blessing and just in time to enjoy the holidays with family and friends!! I hope the positivity keeps flowing. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Sharon said...

WOW!!! Great news...I am so happy for you. You are such a fighter. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. Have a wonderful Christmas!!!!

zetagirl said...

Well Merry Christmas and thank GOD!! This is wonderful news. Oh, you are gonna LOVE this break and you'll be amazed at how quickly you start to feel a lot more 'normal'. I'm so happy for you right now I could scream. You are so amazing the way you've gone through this journey. I know you will continue to be blessed. As always, you are constantly in my prayers and I hope we'll be able to see you soon. Sounds like shopping is in order!!!