Thursday, January 1, 2009

Caribbean Therapy


One of the first things that I was able to do after I heard that I am on a break from chemo was go on a vacation. God blessed me with enough health and strength so that I could make the trip to St. Thomas for Christmas. As some of you may know, ever since I left for college I have been home for Christmas every single year. After everything that has happened this year, at first I thought that I would have to break that tradition. But God allowed me to get on that plane and relax at home for a week. I really think that there are therapeutic benefits to warm weather and sunlight. The water might have been freezing, but I sure did hit the beach a few times and immerse myself in that nice clear water. Just to be able to go outside and see a perfect blue sky just does something to your attitude that anxiety pills can't touch!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

girl dont discount anxiety pills. they work! lol. just kidding.

glad you were able to go home. there is really nothing like home.

btw, you look great.

Marsha said...

oh my God!! Miss hot Mama!! Miss Superstar!!! You look great!!!!!!!!! Your glasses look good on you! I am so jealous, but excited that you were able to get home. I have no doubt that you had an amazing time. I am making plans to return soon as well as mail your watch.!! I Love you. We have 10 months to the alter. Marsha

Anonymous said...

It was wonderful having u back on the Rock for a little bit Gail!!! I'm so happy you were able to enjoy yourself and relax. Do you see how much of our classmates came out for that outing on Boxing Day? You should never doubt your strength again :) We were all blessed to hang out together and pray for your continued healing so you can accomplish all the goals you have set for yourself in 2009 and beyond. Happy New Year!!!

zetagirl said...

Ok...why don't I look this fabulous in bathing suits. Jeez. Gotta lay off the cookies and Ensure. I'm so glad you were able to go home. Looks like it did you a world of good!!!