Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Beauty

Today I had a support group meeting and we did the pick a word exercise. That is where we pick a stone from the bag and when called on, we turn it over, read the word and share how that word is playing a part in your life. So tonight I got the word "beauty". So of course my first comments were to let them know that I have had to redifine my beauty definition as I lost all my weight (and my butt!) and my hair and other features of your "beauty" that you come to get use too. But seriously speaking, I think that cancer has allowed people to see more of my inner beauty. When its all said and done, the physical parts of beauty were never made to last. It all eventually fades away and if you have been banking on just those parts then you have been setting yourself up for failure. The real aspects of beauty is what lies deep inside...your personality, the way you interact with others, and the way that you can bring out the best in others.
You can always get some hair weave and some good mascara to bump up the physical, but if you don't have any substance, there are not enough MAC make up counters in the US that will help you out with that! (and I love me some MAC makeup!)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally agree. Well said! The inner you is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

True indeed, inner beauty will last always.

Myrnat said...

So true, there is more to beauty than what meets the eye. Many people never get to the point where the realize that their inner beauty is what truly define them. You are very beautiful even w/o the big butt and the hair, LOL. Love you!

Unknown said...

Well I don't know about anyone else but I have always known your inner beauty. You are a good person and anyone that spends five minutes with you can see that.

Anonymous said...

Beauty does come from within. I am sure that I can say that you have inspired us all how to look into ourselves. I know that I have. You are too beautiful girl. More beautiful now, than ever.
Love you.

Vex said...

Well said. Sounds like you're embracing the wig and becoming one with it. Much Love.

ferne said...

Gail, you couldn't have said it better. You are a wonderful individual, inside and out, it is such a blessing to have met you.