Friday, March 6, 2009

When it Rains

I have been blessed to have my aunt up here with me taking care of me. And yes I have been relishing in not having to cook and getting food brought to me...who can ask for anything better than that. Well, recently my aunt started to feel under the weather and it ended up escalating to us going to the hospital and emergency surgery. But no worries, all is well, and she is currently recuperating as we speak. But it does push the point on why does it seem that everything happens at one time. Just when you think you have a break, something else happens which leaves you again having to cling to God to get strength to get through it. But maybe that is the plan! Through our lives we are bound to have ups and downs, and sometimes more downs it seems. But that is what will build our character and help us in our christian walk (if you are a christian). Sometimes things need to get real bad (in our minds) to help to lean on the one person that can really help us. Hence I try not to think about my situation too much and just focus on other things because it could always be worse. and no matter what I am still blessed.

6 comments:

Glenesha said...

Sending Auntie my love... I hope she feels better really soon. STAY BLESSED

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you as always...hope your aunt has a speedy recovery.

zetagirl said...

Hey Darlin! I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt, but I see you already know what's up. God's got it. I know she will be well soon and I'll get to run(well, not really run) thru Walmart again with her or for delicious choc covered raisins. Yum...perhaps watch another bootleg movie(I retract that statement in case the gov'ment is listening lol. You are always in my prayers and hope to chat soon!! Smooches and get better soon to Auntie;She way to fab for this lol!!
Pam

Unknown said...

Gail - thinking of you very very often.

you inspire me - thank you

Melissa

Anonymous said...

Well said...you are so right. That is His way of reminding us that it is His will and not ours. Continue to pray, believe, and have faith.

Auntie, I hope you feel better soon.

Tasha

Unknown said...

I'm glad your aunt is recovering.

Thinking of you and hope you start checking out apartments soon! Ugh, that reminds me, I have to send you the ones that Hersh looked into.

Amy