Friday, March 20, 2009

Time for some good news

As you know I had radiation for 15 days late Jan/early Feb because of several lesions that they found in my brain. Well I had the MRI done today and met with the doctor to go over the results and next steps. So the results were...wait for it.....

Out of the MANY lesions that covered the brain (his words) the majority of them are gone now and the three that are left are substantially smaller...we talking less than 1cm!! And he showed me the brain scans so I saw those stink spots with my own eyes. So now I can exhale and stop thinking that every little headache I got was another tumor growing! Another example of how God is soooo good to me and is taking care of every aspect in my life. Words can't even express my gratitude. Let me tell you all, you can never give up even when things look like they are at their worst because God is always in control and he knows whats best even when you are wondering on what his plan could be.

So given that the radiation is still working, I don't get another brain scan for another 3 months. So now that the brain seems to be in good condition, I think my oncologist will hold off any new chemo until my next review of the liver in 5 weeks. So as aways (it seems) I am waiting on more scans to see what my next next steps are. But for now I am moving forward...so back to the Delaware apartment hunt and the hunt for a "fantabulous" wig to cover this coconut head.

9 comments:

dapperd said...

Thank god for that!

Anonymous said...

God is Good all the time and all the time God is Good!!! Great news!!!

ferne said...

OMG!!!! Thank you lord. That is blessed and fabulous news. God is on your side -1000%

yaadgyrl in philly said...

wohooo!!! This is fantastic news. Hurry up and come back!!!

Glenesha said...

That is wonderful news!!! God is good all the time!!! Stay blessed sis... you are always in my thoughts and prayers.

Unknown said...

That is so good. We will continue to pray for you.

Vex said...

Girl.... blessings indeed!... I wish I was there to help you shop for a fantabulous hair piece... I could only imagine how much fun that would be. So I expect to see pics as soon as you get one.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Lord, Yes. To Your will and to Your way. Thank you Lord for this blessing. I look forward to more good news, and will continue to pray for you and your aunt.

Love You,

Tasha

Allison said...

Prayers are answered!!! Now and always.