Friday, April 10, 2009

The're Baaaaaackkk

Hi Everyone! So I left you with some good news less than a month ago. I so thought that I would just continue with postings about my bald head and me looking forward to moving back to DE and a step towards "normal". But God's plans are not ours so I have to take it as he dishes it out and know that he will provide the strength for me to get through it.

Recently, maybe the last week to two weeks I had been experiencing some headaches and like a heavy feeling in my head when I get up. Thinking that it was just me jumping out the bed to fast I was trying to think that its nothing. However, I am not the one to just get headaches. So in the spirit of full disclosure I called my nurse and explained my feelings. And of course the ordered an emergency brain MRI. Well I did the MRI this morning and got the call back this afternoon. Once I heard it was my oncologist on the phone I figured it was bad news. So we know from the last MRI that there were 3 small spots left in the brain but they were smaller. Well it looks like they have gotten a little bigger. But that is the least...the bad news is that there is new growth/new stuff growing along the lining of the brain. I don't know where this came from but it took us all of by surprise...including the doctor. So here I am almost a year into this journey and facing chemo in the face once again.

I meet with the doc on Monday but I know that she will be proposing some new chemo where it is oral tablets taken every day. On one hand I am thinking that maybe because its different chemo, it won't be as toxic as my last chemo run. But also I think back to the young lady who is my age in the support group I attend who was on these chemo meds and it tore her stomach up (major diarrhea) to the point that they took her off the meds. Now I know that everyone's journey is different, but its just food for thought. Those that have been on chemo, knows how it is to be on it and how horrible you can feel. And after being on a break from all that, just the thought of coming back is as much scary as it is depressing. But as Jahaziel says in 2 Chronicles 20:15 "...Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed at this great horde, for the battle is not yours but God's" That's where Yolonda Adams got the song from! :) Easily said but very hard in practice!

4 comments:

Daria said...

Hi Gail,

I've just recently started following your blog ... I too am stage 4 breast cancer.

Prayers to you ...

dapperd said...

Please read the cancer info I gave you.

And luv ya!

Cat said...

You have become the master lemonade maker. Time to make more. Thoughts and prayers with you always.

Tammie said...

Say it ain't so. You know I'm going to keep those prayers going up. Bigs hugs and blessings!