Sunday, April 19, 2009

After the shock is gone

Ok...so its been 3 days since the first dosage of new treatment and I am still alive to tell the story. Now the actually swallowing of the pills isn't bad. I mean how many pills have we all taken over time...I mean can anything touch cod liver oil tablets if you don't drink enough water with them? Yuck! But that first night, I think the overall situation just hit me all at once and with that came jitters, anxiety, panic all at once. All I can say is that it was ROUGH. Those of you who know me know that I can sleep anywhere at anytime no matter what the surroundings. But that first night had me up all night with 10 minute intervals of rest. Its hard to describe the feelings but I guess it was close to feeling like going crazy...how ever that feels. Now don't go calling the medics for me now please. I am ok...just giving you all a taste of what it was like. But as I say, God is good and he didn't keep me in that space. Yesterday was a great day and today is to. So once again its a matter of trying to enjoy the good times and black out the others!! And I think we all have noticed how fast time is flying by. I think that is to our benefit so that we can get through each day. So make sure that you are maximizing your days and making them count.

7 comments:

Daria said...

Gail,

I find there is so much shock with cancer ... whether it is with the diagnosis, the treatment, life as a survivor ...

It comes and goes for me ... just take some quiet time to relax and refocus ...

All the best,
Daria

Marsha said...

yes, girl! enjoying everyday is exactly what we need to do. This is why I am so excited our the trip and the fact that I have vacation is even better. For a few days I am going to put all things about the store behind me and enjoy the company of my friends and hopefully my finance as we have been working like dogs at the store. Anyway yues this is my confirmation that I am coming to KEY WEST YEAH!!!!!!!! Fun here I come. The only problem is, I CANNOT SWIM!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

You continue to amaze me every time I read an entry. I was just thinking of you yesterday morning when I was exercising. I was thinking about our fun night in Chicago. We need another one of those!

Keep positive and know we are praying for you every day.

Amy

Tammie said...

Your optimism is amazing and humbling to me. I'm going to keep praying for the best and let God handle the rest!

Myrnat said...

All you can do is keep trudging on, remember forward ever backward never. We are all here praying for your speedy recovery.

Vex said...

I was trying to count how many hours there are in a day. I was hoping with the schedule you wouldn't run out of time :) You seem to have a handle on it. Girl you are a walking testimony, you inspire me to go on. You inspire me not to complain. You inspire me to make every day count. Don't think what you're doing with your blog is invain. You make me appreciate life and not take things for granted. It's not over until God say it's over. Who's report are you going to believe? I hope the report of the LORD... That's the only one that matters.

Anonymous said...

It is all about perseverance, and with God, all things are possible.