Sunday, April 26, 2009

Shopping and a New Look


Those that know me know that I love to shop and get a good deal. Normally I always score big at sales and end up with some pretty good pieces. Since being in Ohio I haven't really gotten out to go shopping and scoping out for sales like I use to when I had my transportation close by. Well this weekend my good friends came up for the weekend so Auntie and I got time to go out and explore and let me tell you I was loving it like a fat kid loves cake. For one, I had been saving up all my coupons just waiting for a chance to hit them up all at once. Also, with the big 3-0 birthday coming up I have been trying to see what "fantanbulous" outfits I can find for the celebration. Well I think I stayed pretty much in budget with my finds. But one purchase that I really like and didn't even plan to get was the "new look" aka HAIR! I now have a new look and I am thinking that I like it!

When your body is going through so much its like sometimes these outwardly changes can also be overwhelming because it is like the actual physical reminders of your sickness....your bald because of treatment...clothes don't fit the same because of drastic body changes...because of treatment. Its a lot to take in. And I will tell you all this; I am still trying to get accustom to this new very oddly sized 4/6/8 body that I have now that does not have any hips or bum. It is very odd to me and odd to dress and who knows when I will get use to that! I know that I will have to start exercising to stop the steroids gutt from getting out of hand...that will help the situation a little at least. That and not eating ice cream every single night!

12 comments:

Daria said...

Oh that awful steroid body ... I hate that more than the bald head ...

Have fun shopping for that fantanbulous outfit ...

All the best,
Daria

Sweet D said...

I love your new look! I think it really fits you. I hope you have a great birthday!!!

Diana said...

Love the wig, it looks great on you!

Unknown said...

Looking Hot! :)

dapperd said...

U look good!

Vex said...

the new look really does fit you perfectly. So no more negative talking about the piece.

Anonymous said...

Girl, you look amazing!!! Purple is your color, I love it :)

Myrnat said...

Girl, I love the hair, you look HOTT! Plus I think the chubby steriod cheeks are cute, so stop.

Have fun shopping, I know how much you love to and find something cute for me too. You know I need a personal shopper.

Smooches!

Anonymous said...

Cuteness...I love the new look.
Ain't nothing like catching a good bargain. Enjoy.

Sara Diana said...

You are a beautiful lady and your wig looks great! You have a lovely smile :0)

Miranda said...

I think it fits you well. Enjoy your shopping!

zetagirl said...

Hey G!!! I think that looks amzing. You look gorgeous!!