Sunday, May 3, 2009

Full Spine MRI Results

My doc called me with the updates of my full spine MRI and I guess results weren't too horrible. If you think way back to my initial diagnosis, at that time I had a fracture in my lower lumber and several compressed discs and had to get radiation to kill out some of that cancer and heal the fracture. I still have compressed discs and some other things going on in the lower back (some arthritis as well?) but apparently those items have been there for a while. Hence my 3 inch height reduction...yes I am finally coming to terms that I now am barely 5'4 inches vs. the 5'7 I use to be.

So what they did see is a new spot in the T9 area which is the thoracic spine. Its a small spot, I think 3mm, but it is in the actual spinal cord which is not good. So yeah it is not good news, but at least it's one spot. For now I am not really feeling any additional pain from that spot so we will just observe that area and pray that the new chemo will clear up this spot along with everything in the brain and continue to keep the liver stable. And let me give a shot out to my pain meds for my back because they sure do keep me going. I will now go back to admiring the pair of flat sandals that I bought today...I think this is the first pair of flat shoes that I have bought in years!! Can you imagine...no heels? flats? This is definitely a year of change for me! :)

4 comments:

Daria said...

Summer is here ... so a great time to go with flats ...

Vex said...

Change! We laugh in your face... work those flip flops! Whatever is God's will and thank God for meds.. Big up to pain medication for letting this GI Jane go the extra male... Big up to Gail for persevering and holding down the fort :)

Unknown said...

Girl those heels mash up your foot anyway. Take it from someone who used to work in ladies shoes.
Also what is life if not change. I am learning and trying to accept change myself. I can't accept my babies growing up but I have to.
Peace and God bless

zetagirl said...

Girl, you better do it in the flats. God's still got your back and I STILL love my pain meds...lol. Keep going, G. God Bless