Thursday, August 13, 2009

Its Pouring!!

So everyone knows I have been saying if its not one thing its another. Well of course this post is not an exception of that! I've been out of touch for a while because I was...still am, in the hospital. It seems that I couldn't just leave cancer alone, I had to through in some diabetes in there to mix up the game a little! Now I don't really recollect how I ended up in the hospital, but legend has it that my sugar was at EXTREMELY high levels hence at the house I was in an unconscious state. So to the ER and and then had to monitor me in ICU for a while to get that all under control (now this is all heresy because I don't remember any of it!!)

So now I am here in a private room in the palliative floor (pain control floor) getting all better. So of course I came in with like two infections (one was an ear infectioin and who knows what the other one was) but those are now cleaned up so next steps.

And is there anyone else that has had to be exposed to Heprin shots every day...its a blood thinner shot that feels as if they have radiated poison throughout your body. And its like the nurses come in "am sorry Ms. Douglas...blahblah balh Ms. Douglas" unless you are taking these burning shots I don't want to hear I'm sorry...and what are you sorry for? Sorry that you don't have to take them? What I'm saying is there are some very caring and competent nurses out there for sure but my golly can they be ANNOYING. But don't worry, I don't cuss them when they wake me up every 2 hours!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Been checking in everyday to see how you are doing. Please know that i am thinking about you everyday and that I am sending strength and keeping you in my prayers. Hugs!
-kassandra

Cat said...

Sending Umbrellas and gollashes. Here's the weathering the storm.

Brenda Odovichuc said...

As my younger sister always says to me 'let's get rid of the mofo'. I too am not a cusser, but in this case I'm resorting to it. I hope you are home and in your own bed real soon.

Unknown said...

It's nice to hear from you, just wish you weren't typing from the hospital in between shots!

Praying you are home soon.

Anonymous said...

Praise God! So good to hear from you. Hope you are able to get out of the hospital soon. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Love Ya
Tasha

Daria said...

Hope you come home soon ... darn infections ... darn Heprin shots.

Vex said...

and this too shall pass.

Debby said...

Oi. Just the fact that you are not cussing the people who wake you up every two hours...honey, you are a better woman than I am.