Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ode to my hair



So you see breast cancer patients and you notice they don't have any hair but you think to yourself, my hair is real strong...it won't fall off. Then you feel some tingling and wonder...what is that? then you notice that you can just pull your hair out...that's not normal. Then it becomes a way to pass time by just playing with your hair as it falls out. Then you see the little coils on the floor and on the bed and everywhere and realize...my hair is really falling out! So at some point you make the decision; you request the trimmers and you do a GI Jane one time. And then its all gone. All that's left is scalp...a lot of scalp indeed.

In time you will grow back hair but for now I must say bye and stay strong till we meet again. And maybe when we meet again you can come back a little softer texture or something...thanks!

7 comments:

Aesha said...

Ode to the hair but still gorgeous!!!! The bomb baby inside and out :-)

Khalilah said...

Hmmm...I feel you on thinking the hair is real strong. I mean, the hair can break combs...so one would think...nah it won't fall out...but alas. Playing with the hair as it falls out to pass time? over the top. GI Jane rocks! Will be keeping the fingers crossed for it coming back with a texture that won't break combs...wait, that's my hair...anyways, hoping it comes back with that lovely "softer" texture...

Hyma said...

Definitely a strong and beautiful sister . . . hair or not. GI Jane is the bomb :)

Anonymous said...

Hair or no hair, you are the same beautiful Gail. Girl I broke a come the toher day during my perm...LOL
So, I too, hope that when the tresses make a come back they will be soft and luxurious :)

zetagirl said...

You have the perfect face for it. GI Jane, indeed! Absolutely beautiful!!!

Diana said...

Remember Idia Arie's "I Am Not Hair"...with or without the hair you're still a beautiful person.

Anonymous said...

Girl, if u can't grow it...sew it. LOL!!! You know i always got something going on with mine. It's just unbe-weavable sometimes!!! I can hook you up with my hair connect girl, just say the word. But on a serious note, hair or not you are still perserving the sexy (hope you got a giggle out of this). Luv you girl!!!