Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Birthday Celebration--Not so Great Parts

So I am not a journalist but I wanted to present an accurate portrayal of the birthday weekend so i had to throw in some of the parts that weren't that fun during the trip.

On Monday evening we got word that my Aunt's potassium was somewhat low and that we needed to get to the ER just to bring them back up to normal levels with a bag or two of that stuff in the IV. Now that doesn't sound like a big deal up front, but when they assign you a room you know its a wrap. So here we go with another hospital admittance right around when I am leaving. But God is good so we survived that and all is well in the world with auntie and those dumb fluid levels. What sucks is that she was in the hospital the whole time I was having fun in FL.

The other big thing was side effects. I am currently on my third cycle of this chemo and I had yet to really experience some of the effects...until the actual day of my birthday! Beginning around 5am that morning it was time for me to endure just some of the effects that I read about. And let me tell you, its not fun having "bubble guts" on a boat in the early morning! Or on a boat at all especially when you are preparing to go and jet ski!!! and then parasail!! But again I know I hate when people say this but it could have been worse.

1 comment:

Daria said...

Sorry to hear the chemo effects decided to come out during the birthday celebrations.

Damn chemo!