Friday, June 19, 2009

Skin update--No Bubonic Plague!

Staphylococcus Aureus Impetigo. That is the skin bacteria that I have so no worries I wont infect you! So right now I hold the record of staying the least time in the hospital...I only had an overnight visit...yeah! So its good to know that it is NOT shingles and it is nothing really serious and after this 30 day dose of antibiotics and skin wash I should be as good as before. One of the biggest effects was the fatigue and lack of energy and it seems that it has gotten better day by day so that is a plus. Getting rid of these sores will be good too...time for clear skin again!

So lets do a synopsis:
-Bacterial infection of the skin...will be cleared up pretty soon!

-Latest scans/ tests...not good: lesions/tumors in central nervous system/spinal cord/cerebellum all show increase and getting worse. The tykerb/xeloda treatment was the latest option that we thought would cross the blood brain barrier to stop the growth in the brain but it has not worked so that treatment is done.

Right now I am not on any treatment but on the lookout for clinical trials and other options that may be floating around. Will keep you posted on a possible clinical trial that is out there that I might take.. I think I talked about it in a previous post.

4 comments:

Daria said...

Thinking of you girl ...

Anonymous said...

Try to stay strong girlfriend. I know it's very hard but keep the faith!!! I'm praying for you to kick this doggone cancer already!!!

Brenda Odovichuc said...

I just want to kick cancer's ass!! You have been through so much and my heart aches for you. I'm praying for you: God, provide the treatment plan to attack the cancer in your body. I also pray Lord that you would flood her with a sense of peace and joy that only you can provide. We know you have an great plan for her life, and our hope is that you use your power to show the world your awesome power of healing.

Know that I am praying and thinking of you often.

Brenda

WhiteStone said...

Sorry to hear the news. Glad you're getting treatment for the sores. And hope you will qualify for a clinical trial. Thinking of you, Bless you.